Warranty Terms & Conditions
SEAT UK warrants that it will rectify, free of charge, defects in materials and workmanship for a period of up to 3 years or 60,000 miles whichever occurs first. This warranty applies to SEAT vehicles which were imported into the UK by SEAT UK.
This warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions.
What Your Warranty Covers
The 3 year SEAT warranty begins on first registration and lasts for a minimum of 2 years, with the warranty continuing for a third year or up to 60,000 miles, whichever comes sooner.
The warranty is automatically transferred to any new owner, subject to the same terms and conditions.
SEAT warrants that your vehicle will be free from defects in manufacture and workmanship. Your warranty covers:
- The repair or replacement+ of defective parts according to technical requirements determined by the Manufacturer.
- The repair of any consequential damage to standard components caused by a manufacturing defect.
- The labour costs of removing and installing parts for warranty repairs at any SEAT Retailer. You may be charged, at the SEAT Retailer's discretion, for any extra work caused by modifications to your vehicle, such as removal and refitting of a tow-bar that has been fitted after manufacture.
- Your warranty applies to the base vehicle only. It does not cover any special fittings, conversions or additional bodywork.
Any defect must be reported to a SEAT Retailer as soon as it is discovered. This must of course be within the warranty period.
+ Components will only be replaced when deemed necessary by a SEAT Retailer
Once the original warranty has expired, you can purchase an approved extended warranty. There is a wide range of cover available, depending upon the age, engine size and mileage of your car, so there's bound to be one that's right for you. Your SEAT Retailer will be happy to discuss the options with you or visit our Extended Warranty section for more detail.
SEAT Original Parts
All our original parts carry a warranty for a period of two years with unlimited mileage from the date of purchase. The wear and tear and service adjustment exclusions applicable to new vehicles also apply to the parts warranty.
Some items may have a warranty lasting longer than two years. Your SEAT Retailer will let you know if that’s the case at the time of purchase.
The warranty on SEAT Original Parts fitted to a vehicle as part of a warranty claim ends on the date the vehicle’s original warranty expires.
All replaced parts become the property of the SEAT UK.
SEAT approved, supplied and ﬁtted accessories are covered for a minimum of 2 years, with the warranty continuing for a third year or up to 60,000 miles, whichever ends sooner, if they are ordered and included in the purchase price of the car at date of delivery.
Any SEAT approved accessories supplied and installed after delivery of your new SEAT include a two year warranty.
If you specify an accessory that is not approved by SEAT UK, the terms of warranty, if any, should be clariﬁed with the manufacturer of that accessory.
Three Year Paintwork Warranty
All SEAT vehicles are provided with a warranty against any manufacturing defects with the paintwork. The paint and bodywork warranty lasts for a period of three years starting from the date of first registration.
The only preconditions are:
- The defect must be reported to a SEAT Retailer as soon as it is discovered. This must, of course, be within the warranty period
- The defect must not be caused by external inﬂuences such accident damage, stone chips, industrial fallout or pollution, plant resin, animal pollutants, chemicals or insufficient care or maintenance. This will be determined by a SEAT Retailer at the time of inspection.
Your new vehicle is manufactured with full protection against rust attacking the internal cavities from the inside to the outside leading to perforation. The anti-perforation warranty lasts for a period of 12 years starting from the date of first registration. Some variants of the SEAT Alhambra are covered for six years. Please check with your SEAT Retailer.
In the unlikely event of this occurring within the warranty period, your SEAT Retailer will carry out the required repairs free of charge. The following conditions apply:
- The defect must be reported to a SEAT Retailer as soon as it is discovered. This must, of course, be within the warranty period.
- The SEAT Retailer must determine that the perforation has stemmed from within the internal cavities and is the result of a manufacturing defect. The perforation must not have been caused originally by external factors such as accident damage, stone chips, industrial fallout or pollution, plant resin, animal pollutants, chemicals or insufficient care or maintenance.
All body repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer’s technical guidelines, using only approved parts and materials, in order to maintain the original level of anti-corrosion protection.
Claiming for warranty repair or replacement
If a manufacturing defect should arise, any SEAT Retailer in the UK can put it right even if you did not buy the vehicle from that SEAT Retailer. A claim for a repair under your warranty can only be made at a SEAT Retailer, and any claim must be made as soon as the defect arises.
If requested, you will complete any forms, give details and provide any proof required in relation to a warranty claim. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they maintain sufficient records to confirm that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the Manufacturer’s instructions.
If you do not agree with a SEAT Retailer’s decision on your warranty claim, we may advise you to obtain an opinion from any other SEAT Retailer. Your warranty claim may be referred to SEAT UK which reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the defect is warrantable or to appoint its own engineer to inspect the vehicle and/or the defect that has arisen.
Minor accident damage will not automatically invalidate the warranty. Any damage must be repaired by a competent repairer to the Manufacturer’s standards and you must be able to furnish the Volkswagen Retailer with any records requested to demonstrate this. Warranty claims will not be accepted if the defect is likely to have been caused by accident damage or subsequent repair work.
What Your Warranty Doesn’t Cover
The SEAT UK warranty only covers manufacturing defects. It does not cover damage or defects caused by factors outside the Manufacturer’s control or which are the result of normal wear and tear. Examples of this include:
- Damage or defects as a result of repairs or incorrect installation of parts or accessories by an unauthorised workshop.
- Damage or defects as a result of the installation of parts, components, software or accessories not authorised by SEAT UK.
- Damage or defects which are or which may be attributable to accident damage.
- Damage to components, equipment or software which were not part of the vehicle at the point of original manufacture.
- Damage or defects as a result of the use of poor quality or incorrect fuels or additives.
- Damage or defects as a result of failure to comply with the operation instruction in the Owner's Instruction Manual, Service Schedule Book or any literature supplied by SEAT UK or a SEAT Retailer. It is your responsibility to ensure that servicing is maintained in line with the Manufacturer’s instructions and sufficient records are kept to confirm this.
- Damage or defects caused by modifications, special fittings, conversions or additional bodywork.
- Damage or defects caused by use of the vehicle in countries for which it has not been designed.
- Noise and vibration related to the normal operation of the vehicle.
- Damage or defects caused by improper handling or misuse (racing, for example).
- Parts that have reached the end of their expected service life.
- Damage caused by industrial pollution, climate, external heat, chemicals or mechanical force. Your Owner’s Instruction Manual tells you how to minimise such damage.
- Parts which have reached the end of their expected shelf life
- Normal maintenance, servicing and wear and tear. Items can only be considered under the wear and tear policy if the cause of the complaint cannot be associated to abnormal external influence or use, and is a manufacturing defect. Components normally subject to wear and tear include but are not limited to:
- Brake linings and disc pads
- Brake discs and drums
- Clutch release bearings
- Clutch pressure plates and Retailer plates (DSG clutches are covered for the full warranty offered with the vehicle)
- Wiper blades (wiper rubbers have no warranty owing to their conditions of use)
- Seat and backrest covers
- Floor coverings
- Spark plugs
- Batteries for key fobs and alarms
- Light bulbs (Xenon/gas discharge bulbs and LED’s are covered for the full warranty offered with the vehicle)
- Shock absorbers
- Mechanical Adjustments including:
- Adjustments to doors, flaps, boot lids, bonnets, sunroof etc…
- Brake adjustment
- Clutch adjustment
- Headlight adjustment
- Steering geometry adjustment
- Wheel balancing
- This list is not definitive and similar adjustable or wear and tear items are also excluded from the terms of the warranty.
After six months or 6,500 miles*, wear and tear items will not be accepted unless a manufacturing defect can be identified by a SEAT Retailer as the cause. Aesthetic defects, e.g. scratches, marks, must be notified to a SEAT Retailer within the first 30 days/600 miles.
Please note that wheel balancing and wheel alignment will not be carried out under the terms of your warranty, as the frequency with which this needs to be done is dependent on individual driving technique and road conditions.
We would ask that you report any defect to a SEAT Retailer as soon as it becomes apparent. Any consequential damage arising from the continued use of a vehicle with a defect may not be covered under warranty.
Your vehicle must be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Any damage to or defect in the vehicle caused by poor or insufficient servicing will not be remedied under the warranty. Please ensure that you maintain sufficient records to enable the Volkswagen Retailer to confirm that the vehicle has been appropriately serviced. In any event, please ensure that the digital service schedule has been updated by the business carrying out the service work, or detailed invoices supplied with date, mileage, plus specified parts and fluids used.
Unless expressly specified in this warranty, SEAT UK is not responsible for any consequential loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, that arise from any incident necessitating warranty repairs. This includes towing fees, hotel charges, alternative transport costs, loss of income, loss of business, damage to goodwill, damage to or loss of personal effects and clothing or fuel costs.
These exclusions apply to all parts of the SEAT Warranty.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
*Certain mechanical adjustments, including steering geometry adjustments and wheel balancing, will not accepted as a warranty claim after 3,000 miles.
In the event of warranty repairs being necessary when travelling in Europe in the first two years of your warranty any SEAT Retailer in the country you are visiting will be able to carry out rectification work under the terms of the warranty.
They will require the vehicle information data details contained in the front of your vehicle’s service schedule booklet to enable them to carry out the repairs. They will undertake the repairs free of charge.
Should your vehicle suffer a manufacturing defect covered by the third year warranty while outside the UK, the repair must be carried out by a SEAT Retailer in the country you are visiting. The cost should be settled by you with the repairer and a claim made for reimbursement by providing the repair invoice to a SEAT Retailer in the UK within 14 calendar days.
If you are travelling abroad you must take documentation showing proof of purchase and service. This helps the SEAT Retailer make an eligible claim (in the first two years) or confirm that a repair was made under warranty (in the third year).
In order for reimbursement to be possible, the repair invoice must be returned to a UK authorised SEAT Retailer within 14 calendar days.
SEAT Retailer workmanship warranty
SEAT Retailers give a warranty for their workmanship on all warranty repairs. The warranty on most repairs is 1 year or 12,000 miles from the date of the work, whichever occurs first. Should any repairs be required in that period on work carried out by a SEAT Retailer, the original SEAT Retailer will carry out such repairs free of charge, provided that:
- Repairs are required as a direct result of faulty workmanship by that SEAT Retailer.
- Repairs are not required due to normal wear and tear or other exclusions. Items replaced under the terms of this warranty become the property of SEAT UK.
For paint and bodywork warranty repairs, SEAT Retailers warrant their workmanship for a minimum of 3 years from the date of the repair or for the remainder of the vehicle’s original warranty if this is later.
Compliance with Recall Notices
SEAT UK may contact you in relation to product safety recall campaigns or service campaigns. We would ask that you promptly comply with the instructions given. In the event that you do not comply then the warranty may be invalidated if an incident arises that relates to the applicable product safety recall or service campaign.
“SEAT UK” means Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited. “SEAT Retailer” means any Retailer in the UK authorised by SEAT UK to carry out warranty repairs. “ “The Manufacturer” means SEAT S.A. Autovía A-2, Km 585 – 08760 Martorell, Spain.
No party, other than SEAT UK, may amend the terms and conditions of the warranty in any way.